Procedure Prep Instructions
What to expect for a procedure
- Once your procedure is scheduled, you will be given/sent detailed prep instructions. Please read them fully and carefully.
- Our billing office will contact you by mail or phone prior to your procedure to provide you with an estimate of charges due at time of service. (These procedures costs will vary depending on your insurance plan.)
- Poor preparation can result in your procedure being canceled or rescheduled.
- Due to the preparation and dietary restrictions, all procedures are performed during the first half of the day.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- You will need a driver to and from your procedure. A taxi, Uber, or bus is not a valid form of transportation following a procedure.
- Please plan on being in our facility between 2 - 4 hours. (This includes registration, procedure preparation, the procedure itself, recovery and discharge time)
- Your ride does not have to wait at our facility but they must leave a valid phone number with the front desk.
- Due to the sedation used during a procedure, do not operate a vehicle or any heavy machinery for the remainder of the day.
- Unless otherwise instructed by the physician, you can return to normal activities the following day.
- Results of a procedure: Our physicians will provide you with an initial findings/discharge report before leaving our facility. Results for biopsies taken usually take up to 10-14 days. A results letter is sent to both you and your referring physician. In the case of abnormal findings, you will be contacted immediately.
Procedure Preparation Instructions
Before printing your prep instructions, please verify they match the name of the prep that your doctor has prescribed you. Each preparation has different instructions that must be followed for proper cleansing.
Choosing the incorrect prep instructions can lead to poor preparation and may result in the rescheduling of your procedure.
- NuLytely / GoLytely / TriLytely / PegLyte / Other
- Movi Prep
- MiraLAX Prep - Please use ONLY if advised by your doctor
Antes de imprimir las instrucciones de preparación, compruebe que coincidan con el nombre de la preparación que su médico le haya recetado. Cada preparación tiene diferentes instrucciones que deben seguirse para una correcta limpieza.
Elegir las instrucciones de preparación incorrectas puede conducir a una mala preparación y puede resultar en la reprogramación de su procedimiento.